What is the main business topic covered in the programme?
More than ever before, the dynamics and fast pace of the new healthcare environment require cross-functional experts who master complexity and go beyond silo thinking. The "Mini-MBA" is based on the key areas of the MBA that have been especially tailored to the pharmaceutical industry. It provides you with the intellectual capital needed to excel as a high-performance manager in this fast-moving industry.
What is the typical business profile of people who face these issues?
Managers who need to understand cross-functional issues in the pharmaceutical industry.
How will I benefit from participating in this programme?
You’ll better be able to:
- Understand unfamiliar aspects of business
- Understand broader financial and strategic contexts
- Support strategic goals from top management and implement them faster and more efficiently
- Translate healthcare environment changes into competitive strategies for sustainable growth
- Concentrate on customer value through cross functional improvements
What will I do in this programme?
The 5-day Mini MBA for the Pharmaceutical Industry shows how successful businesses are run from an all-round perspective - financial, strategic and marketing - provides insights into strategic imperatives for the new healthcare environment and how managers can effectively align their teams to execute the strategy of their company.
Module 1: The Big Picture
- Environment & Mega Trends
- The Pharmaceutical Market
- The Pharmaceutical Value Chain
- Key Strategies & New Business Model
Module 2: Strategy Development & Strategic Leadership in Pharma
- Essentials of Strategy
- Portfolio Management
- MCE Leadership Approach
- Collaboration & Change Management
- Driving Performance
Module 3: Building de Value Proposition
- Stakeholders Mapping
- From Product Development to Supply Chain
- Medical Affairs: 2 Hats in Action
- Market Access & Pharmacoeconomics
- Marketing Drive
Module 4: Marketing Excellence in Pharma
- Market Definition & Competitive Landscape
- Objectives and brand vision
- Powerful Product Positioning
- Marketing Plans driven by Key Issues
- Marketing Mix: From Operational Strategies to Tactics
- Execution Discipline & Alignments of Sales Forces and other relevant functions
- Metrics to track the execution and monitor outcomes
Module 5: Finance
- The Role of Accounting & Finance
- Accounting Principles & Concepts
- Reading Financial Statements
- Financial Analysis
- The Business Plan