What is the main business topic covered in the workshop?
As a senior manager, you are responsible for aligning people to implement the strategy. That means pushing through change on your own management team and down through the levels in the organization. This is a challenge for any leader. But if you are a women leader in a traditionally male-dominated environment, the job may seem harder. Your strategy is clear and makes sense, but getting people to listen, buy in, and then take their responsibility to achieving the goals can be even more challenging.
This workshop focuses first on leadership and strategy implementation skills. The special edition for women is to provide the opportunity to address the extra challenges female leaders face when driving a strategy in a tough environment.
What is the typical business profile of people who face these issues?
Senior female executives who have multiple levels, divisions and locations reporting to them. This leadershp workshop is for women only.
How will I benefit from participating in this workshop?
You will be better able to:
- Lead people to implement the strategy through strong focus on the objective, powerful communication, right structures and processes, right measures and rewards
- Use your strengths and leadership style more effectively and powerfully
- Communicate with more power and impact (without losing your female style)
- Create the right culture for implementation and accountability
- Handle the special challenges most women face, whether it is environmental or created by your own tendencies
What will I do in this workshop?
This is a flexible workshop, continuously updated as business trends change and adjusted to the concerns of each participant group. Much of the value of the workshop comes from the interaction and sharing amongst participants. Considerable time will be spent in group discussion and problem-solving, using cases, articles, and live examples from participants. You’ll have the opportunity to practice communicating and role-playing. You’ll receive feedback from your facilitator and your feedback to your fellow participants will be valued.
Before the workshop, you will prepare a short case study and some background reading. During the workshop, you will cover these topics.
Leading with a Clear Strategy
- Get clarity on your strategy and your reason for being – what is it and what is it not
- Customer Value Proposition as a focal point (even for public organizations and support functions)
- Translate strategy into clear goals and key projects for implementation
- MCE Leadership for Strategy Implementation Model – align people to the strategy through the various management levers you have at your disposal as a leader
- Global trends – is your strategy and implementation plan robust in light of changing trends? Any adjustment?
- The role of the leader in setting and executing strategy – exemplary female leaders
You as Leader
- What is your leadership style? How can you more effectively bridge to and influence other styles?
- Are there difference between men and women leadership styles? How does this vary by culture, industry, country, function?
- What are the obstacles in your context? How do you and other women overcome these?
- Communicating as a key leadership skill – packaging a clear and simple message to get attention and understanding… first steps to buy-in
- Being a leader when you do not have a physically imposing stature or voice
- Delegating, motivating and insisting on accountability
- Keeping focus and energy on 80% of the value
Align Processes and People to Strategy
- Aligning people to the Customer Value proposition, focusing your company on the customer’s experience of your company
- Analyzing the change that is needed to achieve the strategy
- Analyzing stakeholders and devising a communication plan
- Aligning performance metrics and rewards with the strategy
- Aligning competencies and behaviours to the strategy
- Aligning processes and structure to the strategy
- Aligning the culture to the strategy
Getting into Action
- You will prepare an action plan for strategy implementation, and practice communicating it simply and powerfully
- You will also prepare an action plan for your personal and career development
- You will receive feedback from the workshop facilitator and from your fellow participants