Frank De Keyzer specialises in innovative enterprise strategies and creative marketing which he brings to MCE’s leadership, innovation and marketing curricula. Frank has worked in a wide range of functions in general management, product and marketing management, product development, direct and dealer sales, plant management, purchasing and budgeting. He has an in-depth knowledge of various market segments from the business market environment with industrial consumables and equipment to mass media data processing equipment and graphic arts industries. He also has extensive experience in leading and achieving results through people.
On behalf of MCE, Frank has been providing services to several large companies specializing in in innovation, sales and marketing, organisation, operational and business planning. Frank’s expertise in creativity and innovation has been built up over a long and varied career. From early on he managed innovation projects: products and services, business models, and branding. A number of his ideas have been turned into patents or trademarks.
As Managing Director, Frank was responsible for setting up the worldwide headquarters for consumables at Heidelberger Druckmaschinen AG in Germany. He set up the legal entity and hired first line managers and staff, defined the company procedures and installed ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning). He was in charge of the creation of an entire new product range. He introduced and implemented new and innovative business concepts: call centres, virtual dealership combined with externalised supply chain management, ‘Team Selling’ and ‘bundle sales’ (1998-2001).
Prior to joining Heidelberg, Frank spent 8 years with AGFA where he held various general management positions:
- In his role as Director of Division in France (1993) he was in charge of managing three profit centres, restructuring the division and had full P&L responsibility
- As General Manager Compugraphic Europe in 1990 he was in charge of the strategy and management of the European subsidiaries
- As Division Manager Compugraphic Benelux in 1989 he turned the division into the most profitable of all AGFA subsidiaries
Frank gained his broad marketing and sales experience through various key corporate roles:
- Marketing Director Electronic Printing and Inplant for Compugraphic Europe in Paris (1986-1988)
- Dealer Marketing and Sales Director for Olivetti in Belgium (1986)
- International Product Manager at AGFA (1981-1986)
- Sales and Production Director at BOPACK in Belgium (1981)
- Sales manager Belgium and Luxembourg, Production manager and planning View Master at GAF Corporation Europe in Belgium (1973-1981)
Frank started his career in 1972 with Nauwelaerts Printing and Publishing.
Education and qualifications
Frank’s academic studies include engineering in the Graphic Arts Industry from the HIGRO Institute in Ghent, Belgium (1971) and an executive master of business administration from IPO/UFSIA Management School in Antwerp, Belgium in 1980.He is an MCE Business Mentor.
Frank is Belgian and lives in France. He conducts his workshops in Dutch, English, French and German.